As a creative thinker and thoughtful designer, Rik focuses on simplifying the complex.
Currently, Rik represents Trifork in the role of creative consultant, working with world-class brands on digital products and services. Furthermore he provides creative services to a multitude of clients with his office for branding and design Utopian Army.
Prior to this, Rik founded Wakelicious, an award-winning video alarm clock service.
Besides designing, Rik loves cycling, music, coffee, an occasional winter or summer BBQ, the outdoors. Rik enjoys surfing, though needs loads more practice.
Rik is talking about design in public:
- 2018 – Prototyping interactive UX for apps
Workshop @ Saudi Design Week 2018, Riyadh
- 2015 – Designing for Healthcare
Keynote @ Beirut Design Week 2015, Lebanon
- 2014 – Creating interactive prototypes with Axure
Workshop @ Beirut Design Week 2014, Lebanon
- 2012 – Paper prototyping your mobile app
Guest lecture & workshop @ ICT Media Design, Fontys in Eindhoven
- 2012 – Five simple steps to designing great hybrid apps
Presentation @ Mobile Down South – conference on mobile app design & development
- 2019 – Red Dot Design Award – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- 2019 – IF Design Award – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- 2012 – Best App Design Award from Nielsen Norman Group for Wakelicious
- 2012 – Dutch Interactive Award (DIA) Best Brand Website for Jumbo Supermarkten with Mirabeau