I grow my experience by actively seeking new challenges in the work I do. Also I share my ideas about design in public or delivering a workshop.
Creative consultant at Trifork
- Closely collaborating with clients and customers to design and deliver high-tech solutions that are easy to use.
- Managing and prioritizing what to build and when while making sure the design solves the right problem.
- 2018 – now
Design consultant at Philips Design
- Leading design of the user experience of medical imaging equipment such as X-ray, ultrasound CT and MRI devices.
- Actively pursuing interface harmonization for medical equipment across the whole spectrum.
- Envisioning and visualizing future value for patent filing
- 2013 – 2018
Interaction designer at Mirabeau
- Creating the online presence for large corporations in the form of responsive websites and mobile apps.
- Engaging with customers and clients to make sure the solution fits the needs of the customers.
- Prototyping new experiences in an iterative format.
- 2009 – 2013
Philips Digital Diagnost C90
Advanced high-end x-ray imaging device
An innovative video alarm service for friends
- Best App Design Award (2012) Nielsen Norman Group
The online presence of Dutch supermarket chain Jumbo
- Dutch Interactive Award (2012) – Best Brand Website for Jumbo Supermarkten
Patents & publications
- 2021 – Patent: Protocol based replacement of UI elements using AR
- 2019 – Patent: Apparatus for implementing a clinical protocol
- 2018 – Patent: Patient positioning in diagnostic imaging
- 2012 – Publication: The Best Applications 2012 (305-page report on effective user interfaces) – by Nielsen Norman Group
Workshops & talks
- Prototyping interactive UX for apps
Workshop @ Saudi Design Week 2018, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Designing for Healthcare
Keynote @ Beirut Design Week 2015, Beirut, Lebanon
- Creating interactive prototypes
Workshop @ Beirut Design Week 2014, Beirut, Lebanon
- Paper prototyping your mobile app
Guest lecture & workshop 2012, ICT Media Design, Fontys Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Five simple steps to designing great hybrid apps
Presentation @ Mobile Down South 2012 – conference on mobile app design & development, Eindhoven, The Netherlands