As a creative thinker and designer, Rik focuses on simplifying the complex.
In the role of creative consultant, Rik works with world-class brands on their digital products and services.
Prior to this, he worked at Philips Design for 5 years, focusing on healthcare products and services. He was part of the digital agency Mirabeau for 3 years. Prior to this, Rik founded Wakelicious, an award-winning video alarm clock service.
Besides designing, Rik loves cycling and in general the outdoors. Rik enjoys windsurfing, though needs loads more practice.
- Prototyping interactive UX for apps
Workshop @ Saudi Design Week 2018, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Designing for Healthcare
Keynote @ Beirut Design Week 2015, Beirut, Lebanon
- Creating interactive prototypes
Workshop @ Beirut Design Week 2014, Beirut, Lebanon
- Paper prototyping your mobile app
Guest lecture & workshop 2012, ICT Media Design, Fontys Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Five simple steps to designing great hybrid apps
Presentation @ Mobile Down South 2012 – conference on mobile app design & development, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Muse Design Award (2019) – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- UX Design Award (2019) – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- Red Dot Design Award (2019) – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- IF Design Award (2019) – Philips Digital Diagnost C90
- Nielsen Norman Group’s Best App Design Award (2012) – Wakelicious
- Dutch Interactive Award (2012) – Best Brand Website for Jumbo Supermarkten